Powered by Blogger.

A Day in Alexandria




This past weekend, my mom, my sister, and I took a trip down to D.C. to visit my aunt.   While I say we went to D.C., we actually spent most of our time outside of the district.  Having spent my entire life visiting the area, it wasn't until a few years ago that I was introduced to Alexandria, VA.  I fell in love with this city immediately!  I couldn't wait to go back to Old Town and spend the day among the shops and admiring all of the old charm that the city offers.

As it happened, we parked the car directly across from the most beautiful boutique, Coco Blanca.  I could have easily spent all day in that shop.  The entirely neutral color scheme, inspired by the soothing color palette of a coconut by the sea, is so tranquil.  And the owner was so lovely.  From there, we wandered up King St and popped into several adorable boutiques.  One of my favorites is lou lou, which is just a dream for any accessory lover (as we know I am!).  I grabbed a few gifts for upcoming birthdays.  I love buying gifts when I'm out of town.  It's so fun to give something that has a little story behind it.

We turned off King street and wandered a little more, admiring the pretty houses.  Everything is just so beautiful.  It's the most charming area.  We grabbed dinner on the water at the Chart House (order the Peneed Chicken- you're welcome) and enjoyed listening to a New Orleans style band play as we ate and people watched.  We finished off the day with ice cream from Pop's Old Fashioned Ice Cream, which was highly recommended and did not disappoint, YUM!

We had the most beautiful weather and it was such a great day.  I can't wait to go back!







No comments