Powered by Blogger.

♥ MEG'S PICKS ♥

Roasted Veggies and Chicken


I have been attempting to be a little healthier lately.  Two weeks ago I did a great job, last week I didn't.  Oh well ;)

One thing that is really easy for me to drop the ball on is lunch during the week.  It's just so easy to
run out and grab a deli sandwich.  And you have to have chips with that, right?  So better to just bring my lunch and not even put myself in that position.


I found this recipe and you guys, it couldn't be easier!  You can totally customize it to use any veggies you like and it is bursting with flavor!  I whipped up a big batch this afternoon and I have five containers in my fridge ready to go.  So easy!

Here's what you need:

1 red onion
1 large zucchini
1 red pepper
1 orange pepper
2 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

And here's what you do:

Pre heat oven to 500 degrees
Cut up veggies and chicken into bite sized pieces
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Mix in olive oil and Italian seasoning
Lay on baking sheet in a single layer
Bake 15 minutes or until veggies are charred and chicken is cooked

You can add rice, quinoa, or whatever you like.  Or, eat it as is like I've been doing :)

(Recipe slightly adapted from recipe found here)





No comments