Powered by Blogger.

Accountability



Happy New Year!  Yes, I realize I'm a few days late, but I'm just getting over bronchitis and am finally feeling like myself again after a week of feeling pretty miserable.   But I'm excited to greet 2017!  I know that pretty much everyone (myself included) is very happy to shut the door on 2016.  See ya!
I've noticed that most of the bloggers I follow seem to have the same idea I do about resolutions.  No one seems to like them.  And for good reason.  We all start out so well on January 1 and a few weeks into the year, who even remembers what their resolutions even were?  I know I'm not good at keeping them.  So I have decided to follow what I have seen other bloggers do and pick a word to focus on.  My word?  Accountability.  Not to anyone else, just to myself.

Sparkle & Whim
I feel that I dropped the ball a little bit with Sparkle & Whim this past year and that makes me really sad.  It's my happy place.  But I have been busy with my job and I have been tired and I haven't put the effort into it lately that I have in the past.  I definitely want to change that.  I plan to collaborate more, do more pop up shops, and blog on a more regular basis.  I need to remember that this is my baby, and I need to nurture it to make it grow :)

Health
I have an on again off again relationship with exercise.  And for too long now, it has been off again.  I need to make use of my gym membership and get there at least three times a week.  I love how I feel when I do Pilates and I need to work that in a few times a week as well.  I was doing a pretty good job before the holidays of cooking healthy food rather than buying junk for lunch and eating a rushed dinner, so I need to get back on that.

Finances
Contribute more to savings.  Nuff said ;)

Personal
Stop taking things too personally.  I need to remember this.  It's something I easily forget.  I worry too much about what others think.  I need to just do what makes me happy and not worry about anything else.  I should be reading more (I have a huge list to tackle) and watching less Netflix.  Sometimes, when I have a day off, I need to take it just for myself and do what I want to do (go for a long walk, go shopping alone, whatever).  And taking days off from social media.  It's so easy to get sucked in!
So there it is.  Not such a hard list, right?  But I'll probably need to revisit this list every now and then to remind myself ;)


No comments