Powered by Blogger.

♥ MEG'S PICKS ♥

Girlfriends



"Maybe girlfriends are our soul-mates and guys are just people to have fun with."
-Carrie Bradshaw

I love, love, love this quote.  I could not agree with it more.  Not in a male bashing way.  Just in the way that there is no other relationship like that we have with our close girlfriends.

I count myself as very lucky to have a group of girls that I am very close with.  Some I have known since first grade (yikes!), some I have known for only a few years.  Some I talk to almost everyday, some not nearly enough.  But I know, without a doubt, whenever I need any of these ladies, they will be there for me.  Broken hearts, girl's weekends, fashion dilemmas, we've covered it all.

I always get so annoyed when adult women refer to someone a "best friend".  That seems to strange to me.  I could never pick out one of my friends and call them "best".  They are all so special for different reasons.  And that is why I love each of them and need them in my life.  I love the way Mindy Kaling describes it, "Best friend isn't a person.  It's a tier."  We should all be lucky enough to have as many women as possible on that tier.

Again, Carrie summed it up best, "The most important thing in life is your family.  There are days you love them and others you don't.  But in the end, they are the people you always come home to.  Sometimes it's the family you are born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself."


No comments