Powered by Blogger.

♥ MEG'S PICKS ♥

Epsom Salt Bath



So it's been a while since I've written a post.  Life has been busier then usual and I am not always the best at handling stress.  I am definitely a creature of habit.  I like to stick to a routine and if that gets shaken in any way, I tend to not know how to react.  So I kind of let everything slide as a result.  I'm working on it ;)  I have been trying to find easy ways to deal with stress and one of my favorite new
 discoveries is taking a bath with Epsom Salts.

Why Epsom Salts?  They have some amazing benefits for over all health.  They help reduce swelling, they are great for skin conditions (including poison ivy and bug bites), they help sooth sore muscles, they can help with insomnia, the list goes on!

When I was in high school, I LOVED taking baths.  My friend and I would go to the mall and buy tons of bath products- bubble bath, bath oils, bath beads, you name it.  I think I took a bath almost every night.  In my adult life, however, baths fell off my radar and when I read about the benefits of Epsom Salts, I realized I hadn't soaked in a bath in AGES.

I picked up Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with Eucalyptus Spearmint and I've already used it several times.  Not only do you get the benefits of the Salts, but you get a little aromatherapy thrown in as well (win-win!)  You can also use plain Salts and add lavender essential oil or rose petals (that's on my Pinterest board- I'll let you know when I've tried it!)  Just fill up the tub and soak for 20 minutes.  What a simple way to melt stress away!




No comments