Powered by Blogger.

Hydration, hydration



We all know that proper hydration is a huge part of good health.  It keeps our bodies running as they should, it regulates our digestive systems, it makes our skin glow, the list goes on.  

I used to be so good about drinking water.  I just drank water all day long and I never had to think about it.  Lately, however, I have found myself having a little more trouble getting my water in.  I
don't know if I just became bored with it, but I know that I have not been drinking nearly enough.

So how much is enough?  That's kind of where it gets tricky, right?  You can read five different articles and get five different answers.  And they might all be right, depending on who is reading it.  I have been trying to drink at least a half of a gallon everyday.  Most days, I meet that goal- yay!  Some days, I double it- double yay!  But regardless, I can definitely feel the difference in my body when I haven't had enough.  I think that's the key.  Just listen to your body.  Keep it hydrated.  If you start to feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated.  Sip water throughout the day to keep that at bay.  If you're drinking other beverages that actually dehydrate you (like coffee or soda), be sure to drink water along with them to counteract their effect.  

I have found two ways to get my water in that have been effective for me.  I have my Brita water bottle, which I constantly keep full and sip on all day while I am at home.  I also love to take this to the gym because I can fill it at the water fountain and know that the water is being filtered.  When I go to work, I take a half gallon jug with me filled with water from home that I lightly flavor with Crystal Light.  Now, the packet says that it is for 16 oz, but I just use one packet for my 64 oz jug and I love the taste (I like the Lemonade and the Strawberry flavors).  I know some of you are thinking, "Crystal Light?!?!  But that's just adding unhealthy stuff!"  I know, I know, I had the same thought, but I did my reading and I figure, as long as it's making me drink the water, I'm going with it!

Other ways to make your water more fun?  Add some fruit slices to it.  Lemon and mint make a great, refreshing combination.  Or try berries.  You can even try freezing them into ice cubes.  Anything works!  Have fun with it and keep yourself hydrated!


Shop this story:

No comments