Powered by Blogger.

Beach Babe Hat



I've been seeing this one particular hat everywhere.  You know the one, the ADORABLE Eugenia Kim "Do Not Disturb" hat.  It is just the cutest thing.  The $485 price tag, however, is less than adorable, unfortunately...

So I decided I would attempt to make my own version.  I love DIY projects, but they always look so much better in my head than the actual finished product.  But I actually love the way this turned out.  And with a total price tag of only $14.79, I have a fun hat that I can actually wear to the beach!  I decided to shake it up a bit and go with "Beach Babe" on mine.

So here's what you need:

Beach Hat
Fabric Glue
Sequins by the Yard


And here's what you do:

(The first thing I actually had to do was remove that cord detail on my hat, but it peeled off pretty easily!)

Begin writing your letters directly onto the brim of the hat with your glue.  I worked just two or three letters at a time so the glue wouldn't dry out on me!

Place sequins onto glue and press down to make sure they are secure.

Go to the beach!




A few notes on this project:

I did NOT care for the glue I used.  It was super thick and messy and I had a difficult time controlling it coming out of the tube. (I'm still peeling it off my fingers as I type this, haha!)

Look for sequins by the yard in a single strand.  You can see in the photo, mine were multiple strands woven together, so it was pretty time consuming getting them apart.

I've linked some fun beach hats below to either decorate yourself of just wear as is :)





No comments