Powered by Blogger.

♥ MEG'S PICKS ♥

Egg Muffins



I've been making an effort over the last six weeks or so to try to be healthier.  I say "try", because that's usually easier said than done.  I've been concentrating mainly on getting more exercise (shout out to the Jawbone Up! for tracking my steps) and getting 8 hours of sleep a night.  But food is a different story.  Breakfast and dinner are easy, but coming up with a healthy lunch that is also grab and go is much more challenging.

Enter egg muffins.  I've been seeing these on Pinterest for a while now and have been wanting to try them, but for some reason, I have always put it off.  Until today.  And wow, I wish I'd made them sooner!  So easy, so yummy, and only 200 calories for two muffins! 

And so easy to make.  Here is the recipe:

6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated cheddar (I only used 1 cup- seemed like enough!)
3/4 cup spinach cooked and drained (about 8 oz fresh spinach)
6 bacon slices, cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional- I opted to leave it out)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a regular 12-cup muffin pan.  Spray the muffin pan with non-stick cooking spay.
2.  In a large bowl, beat eggs until smooth.  Add milk, salt, cheddar cheese and mix.  Stir spinach, cooked bacon into the egg mixture.  Ladle the egg mixture into greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
3.  Top each muffin with grated cheese (optional).
4.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Remove from oven, let muffins cool for 30 minutes before removing them from the pan.
(recipe from juliasalbum.com)

And enjoy!  I'm already looking forward to lunch tomorrow!




No comments